Eminence Legend 105 Guitar Speaker
When you need a little extra power, this model is perfect as a general replacement. It has been and continues to be original equipment in many of your favorites. Lots of punch and crunch! Eminence guitar speaker guru Greg Martin, of the Kentucky HeadHunters, has them loaded in his Super Reverb! He suggests using this speaker in recording studios as well as in 4x10 cabinets for live gigs.
Greg describes the tone as very jangly with a meaty low-end and lots of honk. It would be a perfect speaker for anyone playing Country, Blues, or Rockabilly. This speaker works well with Rickenbacker guitars, a Super Reverb or a Super.
Eminence Guitar Legends
Eminence Guitar Legends are specially designed for electric guitar amplifiers. Tuned by skilled ears, these hand-built specials feature a range of materials and ideas from nearly 40 years experience. Legend models feature vintage magnet and cone materials to recreate the traditional sounds of lead and jazz guitar.
The Value of Eminence
Eminence wants to make sure their customers know exactly what they are getting when they buy a speaker. Therefore, Eminence provides two different ratings to describe the power handling of all their speakers.
Watts - the guaranteed long term power rating throughout the useable frequency range of the speaker.Translation: the speaker will operate continuously at any frequency within the speakers’ specified frequency range when driven at this power. The Watts rating is similar to RMS, but is really more indicative of long term thermal capability.Music Program - the speaker will safely and reliably handle the varying frequencies of musical content at this power rating.The Music Program rating is more indicative of what you can expect in the real world with the speaker operating within the appropriate enclosure reproducing music or vocal audio program.Eminence is committed to quality and guarantees all of its speakers for 7 years. They build all of their speakers to greatly exceed customer performance expectations. Dollar for dollar against competitors, an Eminence speaker is well worth the money that you invest!
How a Speaker Works
The key working components of a loudspeaker are shown in the diagram below. When an electrical current passes through a wire coil (the voice coil) in a magnetic field, it produces a force which varies with the current applied. The cone, connected to the voice coil, moves in and out, creating waves of high and low air pressure.
The coil and magnet assembly are the 'motor structure' of the loudspeaker. The movement is controlled by the loudspeaker's suspension which comprises the cone surround and the 'spider'. The surround and spider allow the coil to move freely along the axis of the magnet's core (or 'pole') without touching the sides of the magnetic gap.
Eminence technology and proprietary materials mean that age-old 'compromises' of durability against sensitivity, or power handling against precision of response, are more easily solved than you might imagine.
Heatsinks: In the quest for higher power density (more power and hence more sound from less space), Eminence has progressively introduced heatsink components to selected transducers e.g. cast frame neodymium products and Kilomax. The heatsinks pass through the pole of the transducer or are incorporated into the chassis of the loudspeaker to transfer heat away from the coil. The air currents caused by the cone movement cool the heatsink.
- Impedance: 8 ohms or 16 ohms
- Power Rating:
- Program Music:
- Watts: 75W
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.5 inches, 38.1mm
- Coil Material: Copper
- Flat/Round Coil Wire: Round
- Coil Former Material: Kapton
- Basket Type: Stamped Steel
- Cone Surround Material: Paper
- Dust Cap Material: Felt
- Magnet Weight: 16oz.
- Usable Bandwidth (Fs to -3dB): 100Hz - 6kHz
- SPL: 99dB
- Nominal Basket Diameter: 10.11 inches, 256.8mm
- Baffle Hole Diameter: 9.13 inches, 231.8mm
- Mounting Holes Diameter: 0.225 inches, 5.7mm
- Mounting Holes B.C.D.: 9.6 inches, 243.8mm
- Depth: 4.1 inches, 103mm
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 lbs., 2.6 kg
Thiele-Small Parameters (for 8 ohm)
- Resonant Frequency (fs): 97Hz
- Impedance (Re): 7.49 ohms
- Coil Inductance (Le): 0.56mH
- Electromagnetic Q (Qes): 1.21
- Mechanical Q (Qms): 17.78
- Total Q (Qts): 1.13
- Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas): 26.36 liters; 0.93 cu. ft.
- Peak Diaphragm Displacement Volume (Vd): 0cc
- Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms): 0.16mm/N
- BL Product (BL): 8.0 T-M
- Diaphragm Mass inc. Airload (Mms): 17 grams
- Equivalent Resistance of Mechanical Suspension Loss (Rms): 0.58N*sec/M
- Efficiency Bandwidth Product (EBP): 80
- Voice Coil Overhang (Xmax): 0mm
- Surface Area of Cone (Sd): 344.9cm2
- Impedance at Resonance (Zmax): 118W