15" High-power Flying Subwoofer
While intended for smaller venues than the VerTec series, the VRX915S is designed and built to the same high standards and uses the same advanced, concert-proven drivers. The VRX932LA delivers extraordinary power handling, clarity, flexibility and, of course, stunning JBL sound in an attractive, easy to handle and affordable package. The VRX915S is a perfect fit for medium-sized venues that don't want to sacrifice sound quality just because they're not as big as other professional facilities. For compact power, it's the VRX915S.
JBL VRX932LA Line Arrays at a Glance:
- Lightweight and built for smaller venues
- Flexible mounting options
- Enclosure built for optimum performance
Lightweight and built for smaller venues
The VRX915S is a compact, high power suspendable subwoofer system containing a 2265G-1 neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, 15" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The VRX915S was designed specifically for use in arrays with the VRX928LA Line Array speaker and VRX-SMAF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX915S subwoofers.
Flexible mounting options
The system offers complete input connection flexibility for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2 to be routed to the woofer. Equally at home in ground stacked applications, the VRX915S is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 36 mm pole sockets. The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
Enclosure built for optimum performance
The enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish and is heavily braced to maximize low frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance. The rear of the enclosure is fitted with T-nuts which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
JBL VRX915S Subwoofer Features:
- System Type: 15" bass reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 35 Hz - 250 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 40 Hz - 250 Hz
- Recommended Hi-Pass Filter: High-pass: Butterworth 24 dB/oct, 45 Hz
- Low-pass: Linkwitz-Riley 48 dB/oct, 80 - 120 Hz
- Power Rating1: 800 W / 1600 W / 3200 W (Continuous / Program / Peak)
- Maximum Peak SPL2: 126 dB SPL
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 91 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2265G-1, 15 in Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Active Tunings: Tunings available at www.jblpro.com
- Enclosure: 15 mm - 18 mm, multi ply birch plywood
- Suspension / Mounting: Top mounted M20 threaded socket for optional pole SS4-BK
- Integrated flying hardware for use with array frame VRX-SMAF 8 M10 fittings
- Transport: Integrated steel handle with backing cup
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustically transparent black foam backing.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Input connection modes: Switchable, +1/-1 or +2/-2
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 19.5 in x 16.5 in x 23.5 in
- Net Weight: 57 lb