What would you say to having the legendary Marantz audio quality in an exceptional value-for-money Blu-ray Disc player? Well we said ‘Yes’, and the result is the 3D-capable UD5007. Not only does it reproduce all the delicate audio details from CD and SACDs, its superb 24fps Blu-ray quality comes with BD-Live and DLNA 1.5 specifications. You can also enjoy your latest music (incl. FLAC HD) and video downloads from your PC. What’s more, you get direct YouTube Leanback and Netflix video on demand access with this player. The video streaming supports DivX plus HD and guarantees playback of DivX (.avi and .divx) and DivX Plus (.mkv). One of the main reasons why this player offers such high quality at a value-formoney price is the extreme solid construction. Firstly, the disc mechanism is centrally located and is fully shielded for fast and silent loading. Then there’s the solid cabinet, large foot, and fan-less construction to minimise vibration. On top of that, the player’s four main subsystems (mechanism, main, power supply, display) are physically separated to minimise interference.
- Plays Blu-ray, DVD Video, Divx HD, WMA, MP3, JPEG, AVCHD, CD, DVD-Audio, SACD
- Shielded and silent-loading transport
- Fan-less construction
- High performance two-channel RCA outputs with wide pitch and gold plated terminals
- Quick responding transport is 20% faster
- Mobile app control (iPhone, iPad, Android) via 2012 Marantz Network receivers
- High speed HDMI cable supplied
- 3D Capable/ HDMI 1.4a
- Built in media player for streaming of photos, music and videos from your home network
- Online Streaming (YouTube, NETFLIX, Vudu and Hulu)
- Network Connectivity DLNA1.5
- 24 bit/192 kHz
- 8 picture adjustments
- True 24 Frames Per Second (FPS)
- Deep Color support
- DivX plus HD
- BD-Live internal memory: 1Gb
- Audio Exclusive Mode
- Quick Start Mode
- Power transformer: El
- High-grade audio components
- Gold-plated cinch
- Video scaling on HDMI: up to 1080P
- Hi-bit Video processing
- Flasher IR input/ USB input/RC5
- Remote Control: RC006UD
- Detachable power cord
- Three year manufacturer's limited warranty from Marantz
- Decodes Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD, DD, DTS, DTS96/24, SACD
- DSD from SACD via HDMI
- Multi Channel Down Mix: DD, DTS, SACD
- Virtual surround
- CD Compatibility: CD, CD-R/RW, SACD
- DVD Compatibility: DVD-V, DVD-A, DVD-R, DVD-RW (video), DVD+R/RW
- AVCHD, DivX HD, DivX6, DivX plus HD
- MP3 and WMA from: CD, DVD, USB
- Image Disc Compatibility: JPEG, Picture CD
- DLNA Certified: (v1.5)
- UPnP Certified
- Network Audio: MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV
- Network static video (JPEG)
- Network Video: MPEG, DivX, H.264, WMV
- HDMI 1.4A output X 1
- Analog outputs: 2-channel
- D/A conversion (audio): 192 kHz, 4-bit
- D/A converter chip (audio) PCM1781
- 48kHz sampling: 4 Hz to 22 kHz
- 96kHz sampling: 4 Hz to 44 kHz
- 192kHz sampling: 4 Hz to 88 kHz
- Frequency response, DVD (linear PCM): 48kHz: 4 Hz - 22 kHz
- Frequency response, CD (linear PCM): 4 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency response, SACD and DVD-A: 2 Hz - 100 kHz (SA-CD)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 115 dB
- Dynamic range, CD and DVD: 100 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): 0.0025%
- Power consumption: 20 watts
- Standby consumption: 0.3 watts
- Dimensions: 17.1" wide, 4.25" high, 12.6" deep
- Weight: 8.8 lbs
High resolution digital video signal are supported.
When audio cannot be enjoyed via HDMI connection, the audio output has to be connected analogue to the receiver or output screen. When a source product is not equipped with an analogue multichannel output but only a stereo audio output, the internal 2-channel downmix processing automatically downmixes a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 signal back to a stereo signal (2.0). Optional to the HDMI of course the digital audio output can be used for standard multichannel audio as Dolby Digital or DTS.
3D stands for 3 dimensional. Products carrying the 3D logo are able to output or path through the digital 3D video signal.
BD-Live / Profile 2.0
This new Blu-ray Disc profile offers additional enjoyment to your current Blu-ray experience by enabling you to download additional movie content such as alternative endings and trailers. You can also buy merchandise, play interactive games and more. Before a player can handle this new profile it requires an Ethernet port for connection with the Internet and a minimum storage capacity of 1GB (by SD card) to accommodate the downloaded content.
Blu-ray Disc, also referred to as BD-ROM, is the next-generation High Definition (HD) optical disc format. The format is developed to enable recording, rewriting and playback of High Definition video and audio. The format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs and can hold up to 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a dual-layer disc. This extra capacity combined with the use of advanced video and audio codecs will offer consumers an unprecedented high definition 1080p experience, providing an exhilarate life-like image and an audio soundtrack that is more detailed and clearer.
DLNA certified products guarantee a stable and fast connection, cross-brand interoperatebility, Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), automatic IP-addressing and easy to use in a wired or wireless setup with your home network: Sharing of your favourite music, photo’s and video’s stored on your PC, NAS-drive, Musicserver or HD recorder through your audio/ video set-up is possible.
Super Audio CD
Super Audio CD (SA-CD) is an established music format that provides a more natural, ultra-high quality sound. It offers a smooth migration path to a higher quality sound, as all existing CDs can be played on the SA-CD player. SA-CD is based on the Direct Stream Digital (DSD) technology, which uses 1 bit delta-sigma modulation and a sampling frequency that is 64 times higher than that of the CD. This enables the SA-CD to offer a frequency range up to 100KHz and a dynamic range of 120dB.
USB Audio makes it possible to listen to compressed audio files (MP3, Windows Media™ Audio, etc.) stored on MP3 players or external harddiscs. All Marantz USB enabled products make use of the USB 2.0 profile for fast and stable data transfer.