The Shure Beta 52®A is a high output dynamic microphone with a tailored frequency response designed specifically for kick drums and other bass instruments. It provides superb attack and "punch", and delivers studio quality sound even at extremely high sound pressure levels.
The Beta 52A features a modified supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range to insure high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted sound. A built in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation, particularly if the microphone is to be placed inside a kick drum. The stand adapter keeps the microphone position fixed and resists slipping, even when subjected to sharp blows and strong vibrations. A hardened steel mesh grille protects the Beta 52A from the abuse and wear associated with touring.
- Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments
- Built–in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum
- Studio quality performance, even at extremely high sound pressure levels
- Supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- Low sensitivity to varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
TypeDynamic (moving coil)Frequency Response20 to 10,000 HzNOTE: The curve shows on-axis response at a distance of 2 feet from a uniform sound source. Your response may vary, depending on microphone position. Polar PatternSupercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis Output Level (at 1,000 Hz)Open Circuit Voltage: -64 dBV/Pa* (0.6 mV)*1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
ImpedanceRated impedance is 150 ohms (45 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low ZPhasingPositive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3Maximum SPL174 dB at 1000 Hz (calculated)ConnectorThree-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)CaseSilver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel grilleAdjustable, Locking Stand AdapterIntegral, dynamic locking, adjustable through 180 degrees, with standard 5/8"-27 threadNet Weight605 grams (21.6 oz)