"Among the tiny handful of best
DACs ever made."
With the market now full of new-generation digital audio devices and sources, Arcam is proud to introduce its latest and highest performing DAC to date, the D33 SuperDAC. Using state of the art dual Burr Brown PCM1792, 24bit / 192kHz converters (one per channel), twin toroidal transformers in the power supply and state-of-the-art 4-layer printed circuit boards, the D33 offers music lovers a level of performance that involves, enthrals and engages from the first note to the last encore.
The D33 features an asynchronous USB input offering the convenience of computer-based music (PC or MAC) and the ability to enjoy the very latest 192kHz ultra high-resolution recordings with stunning quality. Two coaxial and two optical inputs plus a professional grade AES/EBU connection complete the line-up so everyone can take advantage of the D33’s clear performance upgrade.
Arcam’s thirty five years of audio engineering experience is all wrapped up in the D33, which benefits from critically damped, low resonance casework, massive power regulation plus extensive low-noise sub-regulation. The Arcam team’s attention to detail has even delivered an incredibly low 0.5w standby power consumption and duplex RS232 control interface for custom installation. We believe the performance of the D33 SuperDAC will set a new benchmark.
Analogue Audio Output
- Conversion 2x Burr Brown 24-bit 192kHz Advanced Segment Delta-Sigma
- Signal to noise ratio > 110dB CCIR (unweighted)
- Harmonic distortion (1kHz) 0.0008% (20Hz — 20kHz, unweighted)
- Frequency response (+0.1dB, -0.5dB) 10Hz–20kHz
- Filtering User selectable, fast or slow roll-off
- Output level (0dB) 2.2Vrms
- Output impedance 47Ω
- Minimum load 5kΩ
- USB Class 1 electrically-isolated USB 1.1
- Class 2 USB 2.0 High Speed (480 Mbit/s)
- AES/EBU Up to 192kHz sample rate
- Coaxial S/PDIF x 2 Up to 192kHz sample rate
- Optical S/PDIF (TOSLINK) x 2 Up to 96kHz sample rate Computer compatibility
- PC Windows 7, Vista & XP (driver required for 24/192 material)
- MAC OSX (no driver required)
- USB: USB 2.0 High Speed (480 Mbit/s)
- Network: 10 BASE-T / 100 BASE-TX
- Dimensions W433 x D370 x H110mm
- Weight 6.2kg nett/10.0kg packed
- Power consumption 30W maximum
- Analogue output connection RCA Phono x 2, Balanced XLR x2
- Included Mains lead, CR107 remote control, 2 x AAA batteries