Powered processor. PLM3000 is an innovative 'powered loudspeaker controller', designed to be used in a wide range of applications.
The use of this product will result in simplified system's wiring and in increased reliability and safety of use. It is the combination of a versatile DSP loudspeaker controller with 4 Class-D power amplifier, each delivering up to 750 W @ 4 Ω, whilst guaranteeing a very high efficiency.
The DSP controller will provide control and routing of the 4 inputs to the 4 power amplifiers, and is programmed to offer all the signal processing function needed for the installation, configuration and supervision of any type of loudspeaker system, from PalcoPlus line-array systems to simple one way or multi-way passive systems, with or without a subwoofer. The 24 bit A/D and D/A Σ-Δ converters guarantee the maximum audio quality and the powerful 56-bit DSP manages all the signal processing functions on the 4 output channels: limiter, crossover filters, delay and equalization. A large LCD display permit to verify all the system's functions, whilst the intuitive control panel allows the selection of the operating preset and the direct control of gain, level, delay and mute of the 4 outputs.
- The RACon44™ software program, supplied with the optional LD2.4 USB interface, allows for remote control, with a Personal Computer, of a network of up to 24 PLM3000, grouped in 'racks' of up to 8 units.
The factory default presets may be modified and new 'custom' presets may be 'built', thanks to the complete programmability of the controller's functions:
- in > out routing
- input gain
- noise gate
- parametric equalizer (10 filters)
- large delay (up to 150 ms)
- multiple X-over
- filterLab (up to 23 biquadratic cells)
- precision delay
- out volume & phase
Some of the above functions (input gain, parametric equalizer, large delay and output volume) may be modified even for the factory default presets, whilst gain, delay and volume may be even adjusted by operating directly on the unit's front panel's controls and large alpha-numeric display. An example of the PLM3000 flexibility: with a single units it is possible to drive 4 passive 4 Ω stage monitors, with independent adjustment of their frequency response, whilst easily controlling the stage resonances, with no need of external processors. The four class-D power amplifiers, rated at 750 W @ 4 Ω, feature a full suite of protection circuitry to safeguard the amp as well as the connected enclosures.
- "Intelligent wiring": the rear panel's four balanced line output (XLR3) may be set by the user to operate either as inputs' links or as processor's outputs, thus simplifying the wiring in case of mixed systems, built with PLM3000s and "traditional", unprocessed amplifiers.
The input-output routing function enables to configure the system as:
4 in - 4 out
2 in - 4 out (1>2 +1>2 o 1>3 + 1>1)
1 in - 4 out
- PLM3000 features three separate, switched-mode power supplies with power-factor correction, one for the DSP controller section and one for each pair of power amplifiers, which can operate on mains voltages from 85 to 270 V AC (50/60 Hz).The state-of-the-art power amps are fitted with a full suite of protection circuits to safeguard the amps as well as the connected speaker enclosures.
The mains power connectors are Neutrik PowerCon®, guaranteeing resistance against vibrations and accidental disconnections. A couple of them is fitted (LINE IN - LOOP OUT), thus simplifying the wiring of multiple units.
- PLM3000 is built with heavy-duty, road-ready materials, and features a laser-etched front panel, built from aluminum and stainless steel, which will stand forever against scratches and abrasions. The small (two units) height, the front-to-back cooling system (making it possible to install the amplifiers in racks without leaving empty spaces for cooling) and the reduced weight make it possible to assemble small and lightweight amplifiers racks, thus simplifying transportation and installation.
- Two RJ45 connectors provide RS485FD serial interfaces for network control using the RACon44™ software.