The AKG CK55L is a small, unobtrusive lavalier microphone with a cardioid polar pattern and TA3-female (mini XLR) connection. The mini XLR connection allows complete integration with AKG wireless transmitters, as well as transmitters from other manufacturers. The AKG MPA III L phantom power supply can be used when a transmitter in not present. The cardioid polar pattern is effective in suppressing audio signal at the off-axis sections of the capsule, thereby minimizing noise, ambiance and audio from monitors that can cause feedback. The frequency response features a slight rise around the high frequency range, resulting in enhanced intelligibility and "airy" signal quality. The small, low-profile design of the capsule allows the microphone to be easily hidden beneath clothing.
- TA3-Female (Mini XLR) Connection
- The CK55-L features a TA3-female connector for complete compatibility with AKG and third party wireless microphone transmitters.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing audio at the off-axis sections of the capsule resulting in high gain and low noise floor.
- Contoured Frequency Response
- The frequency response features a slight boost at the high frequency range, providing enhanced intelligibility and "airy" sound quality.
|Frequency Response||150Hz to 18kHz|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||not specified by manufacturer|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||118dB (1% THD)|
|Power Requirements||1.5 to 10V DC
9 to 52V phantom power via MPA III L power supply
|Output Impedance||200 ohms (1 kHz)|
|Output Connectors||3-pin female Mini XLR (TA3-F)|
|Dimensions||.9 x .3" (22 x 8mm) (Length x Diameter)|
|Weight||2.5g (0.09 oz)|