The first cartridges to combine the unrivalled Ortofon sound quality with the ruggedness that is a must for professional use.
This is a good start up cartridge for all-around purposes, mounted with a spherical diamond. Achieves an output of 5.0 mV.
Several Ortofon technologies make it possible to realize high sound quality and low record wear at the high tracking forces that are necessary in disco environments. DJs all over the world claim very high demands to their professional equipment, among which the cartridges plays their decisive part by realizing that scratching, back-cueing, and live artistic performance are a big part of the show. Reliability and robustness is vital, when the cartridges night after night will have to withstand these demands in environments with extreme sound pressure and vibration.
Scratching and back-cueing impose heavy mechanical stress on the cantilever and its rubber bearing. Therefore, the Ortofon disco cartridges are equipped with cantilevers made from aluminum tube with increased wall thickness. Special attention has also been paid to the attachment of the bearing and the design of the bearing itself. This means that rough treatment will neither damage the cartridge nor degrade its stability.
Ortofon Pro S Concorde Turntable Cartridge Twin Pack Specifications:
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 20 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range: 20-20.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-18.000 Hz + 3 / - 2 dB
- FIM distortion at recommended tracking force, DIN 45.542: < 1%
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 7 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R 26 µm
- Equivalent stylus tip mass: 0,5 mg
- Tracking force range: 3,0-5,0 g (30-50 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 4,0 g (40 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 200-600 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Black
- Cartridge weight: 18,5 g
- Replacement stylus unit: PRO S