Not only are the HD 598 aesthetically pleasing to the eyes but they also provide an impeccable sound quality and unrivalled comfort. These beige-coloured open, circumaural headphones come with high-gloss burl wood parts and matching ear pads for a sophisiticated, premium finish. With Sennheiser‘s innovative E.A.R. technology, audio signals are directly channelled into your ears. These headphones also incorporate a special diaphragm geometry that minimizes intermodulation distortion while delivering an impressive frequency response range, plus a highly constant compressed cellulose fleece to hold harmonic distortion to less than 0.1%. And to accentuate the already outstanding listening experience even further, their high-quality leatherette headband and velour ear pads provide outstanding wearing comfort, even for long listening sessions.
- High-end open circumaural headphones with E.A.R. technology for outstanding sonic accuracy and clarity
- Sennheiser's innovative “Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement” (E.A.R.) design channels audio signals directly into your ears
- State-of-the-art, advanced Duofol diaphragms for transparency and minimal distortion
- Highly optimised, field-strengthened neodymium ferrous magnet systems for an excellent dynamic response
- Surround reflector for extended spatial sound field
- Lightweight aluminium voice coils for high efficiency and excellent dynamics
- Special diaphragm geometry reduces intermodulation distortion
- Highly constant, compressed cellulose fleece reduces total harmonic distortion
- Premium beige and high-gloss burl wood parts for a sophisticated finish
- Extremely comfortable velour ear pads and headband
- Excellent connectivity, also with home Hifi equipment
- 1 HD 598 headphones
- 1 3.5 mm adapter
|Frequency response||12 – 38500 Hz|
|< 0.1 % (1 kHz/100 dB SPL)|
|3 m OFC single -sided, exchangeable|
Sennheiser HD 598 Review, Specs and Information
If you’re about looks as much as sound, these things look really nice. They have the wood parts with the nice finish, they don’t look cheap like some other headphones in the same price-range (won’t name names).
Sennheiser HD 598 Review - Big Soundstage
These are open-backed headphones which gives it a bigger sound stage. So it sounds like you’re getting a bigger field of sound around you. Great for music, gaming and movies. I borrowed these to play Call of Duty and they are great for picking up footsteps and noise around you. So they’re great for gamers also.
The Sennheiser HD 598 headphones are really comfortable when I used them, they fit around the ear and don’t give the tight annoying feeling that can be painful after awhile. The cushions are also washable and can detach for cleaning.
New Added Technology to the HD 598
One of the reasons I really like Sennheiser is they don’t get lazy just because they’re one of the biggest headphone designers. They designed some new stuff like the use of a new proprietary DuoFol diaphragm and driver geometry that aims to minimize inter-modulation distortion while producing a very fast frequency response extension. Translation, it gives you a smoother more detailed listening experience. These HD 598 headphones also use E.A.R. technology for outstanding sonic accuracy and clarity. Sennheiser’s innovative “Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement” (E.A.R.) design channels audio signals directly into your ears.
Just from hearing these myself and looking around at other peoples opinions I think these are the best headphones under $300 right now. These Sennheiser HD 598 headphones are great overall, the only downside I have seen is if you’re more into bass. I think they have great bass and sound good with bass driven music but that’s the only reason I could see someone not being into them. If you want a warm sounding well balanced quality headphone I would recommened these to anyone, you can’t go wrong with these.