- High sensitivity and extremely low self noise
- Five switchable polar patterns for placement and application flexibility
- Two-color LEDs provide quick visual indication of selected polar pattern and output overload
- Elastic capsule suspension greatly minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- H 85 professional shock mount/stand adapter, PF 80 external pop filter and W 414 X external windscreen.
A classic microphone with a distinctive timbre especially designed for recording of solo vocals and solo instruments.
With the introduction of the NeXt Generation C 414 B-XL models, AKG sets new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications, ease of use and available accessories. All of these improvements are answers to requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations and concert engineers, but with the basic sonic character of the legendary C 414 unaltered.
- High sound pressure level capability and wide dynamic range
- Completely immune to electrostatic and electromagnetic interference from digital gear, computer monitors, etc. thanks to solid metal housing and transformerless output stage
- Three switchable bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation pads with LEDs for quick visual indication
- All switchable components operate in low impedance circuits for ultra-high reliability even in extremely humid conditions
Professional condenser microphone with two pressure gradient capsules. Its application range shall include instrument miking and recording, live recording, live sound reinforcement, lecterns and places of worship. Frequency range: 20–20,000 Hz; sensitivity 23 mV/PA +/- 0.5 dB at 1 kHz; electrical impedance: max. 200 ohms; maximum SPL: 158/150/146/140 dB SPL for 0.5%.; signal-to-noise ratio: 88 dB-A; switchable preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB; switchable Bass cut filter slope 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz. Integrated shock mount for capsule. The microphone shall be capable of operating on phantom power 48 V, drawing a current of max. 4.5 mA. The case shall be 50 x 38 x 160 mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in.). The surface shall be matte grey and the maximum net weight of the microphone system shall be 300 g (10.6 oz.).
|Polar pattern||Omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight|
|Sensitivity||23 mV/Pa (-33 dBV) ± 0.5 dB|
|Max. SPL||200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158 dB (0/-6/-12/-18 dB) for 0.5% THD|
|Equivalent noise level||6 dB-A (0 dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)|
|Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted)||88 dB|
|Preattenuation pad||-6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable|
|Bass cut filter slope||12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz|
|Recommended load impedance||>= 2,200 ohms|
|Supply voltage||48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC|
|Powering||approximately 4.5 mA|
|Dynamic range||134 dB minimum|
|Connector||3-pin XLR to IEC|
|Dimensions||50 x 38 x 160 mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in.)|
|Net weight||300 g (10.6 oz.)|
|Patent(s)||Electrostatic transducer (Patent no. AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488)|