CD Hi-Fi Mini System
- iPod/iPhone Dock for Direct Digital Connection
- Front Panel USB Port for Flash Drives
- Efficient Digital Amplifier Circuitry
- Active Bass Control
- Compact Yet Solid 2-Way Speakers
Colorful CD Mini-System with USB and iPod/iPhone Playback
Seeking a versatile audio system that’ll look and sound great in the den, office, or bedroom? Feast your eyes on the suavely compact CS-245. Offered in a range of chic hues—including a subtle dark brown, a mellow red, and a vibrant yellow-green—the CS-245 has the style to grace any listening space. Along with regular CDs, the disc-player handles all your MP3-encoded CD-Rs. But the playback options don’t end there. On top of the unit is a digital dock for iPod/iPhone, and on the front-side is a USB port that lets you play audio from a flash drive. As always with Onkyo, construction is top-notch. The player/receiver body is supported by seamless steel front and side panels designed to reduce vibrations. The speaker cabinets—edge-rounded, like the main body—are slightly tapered to minimize internal standing waves. And the two-way speaker design incorporates a 10 cm bass-reflex woofer and a balanced-dome tweeter that help deliver a nuanced and musical performance.
CR-245 CD Receiver
Amplifier/CD Player/USB Features
* Discs should be properly finalized. iPod/iPhone Dock Features
- 15 W/Ch, 6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, IEC
- Digital Amplifier Circuitry
- Plays Audio CD, MP3 CD, CD-R, CD-RW*
- Plays MP3 Format via USB
- Front-Panel USB Port for Flash Memory Devices
- Handles Playback of Mass Storage Class USB Memory
- Video Out for iPod/iPhone Video Playback
- Active Bass Control
- 3 Play Modes for CD (Normal/Random/Repeat)
- 2 Repeat Modes for CD (Disc/Track)
- Analog Audio Input
- Subwoofer Pre Out
- Headphone Jack
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble)
- Super Bass Function
Tuner and Other Features
- Recharges iPod/iPhone When Connected to AC Power Supply
- Compatible iPod/iPhone Models: iPhone (iPhone 4G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G), iPod touch (1st to 4th Generations), iPod classic (6th Generation),
- iPod nano (2nd to 6th Generations)
* Availability of this function depends on iPod/iPhone model. Operation may be affected by some concurrently running Apps. D-T05 2-Way Bass Reflex Speakers
- FM Tuning with 30 Presets
- FM Auto Preset
- RDS (PS/RT)
- Program Timer (Everyday)
- Supports iPod/iPhone Alarm for System Power-on and iPod/iPhone Audio Playback*
- Sleep Timer
- Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim)
- Battery-Free Memory Backup
- Remote Control
- iPod/iPhone Control with Supplied Remote Controller
- 10 cm Cone Woofer
- 2.0 cm Balanced-Dome Tweeter
- Magnetically Shielded
- Impedance: 6 Ω
- Max. Input Power: 30 W
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz–50 kHz
Built-in Dock for Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone
In addition to handling CDs and USB flash drives, the CS-245 features a top-loading dock for iPod/iPhone. This direct digital connection allows you to access podcasts and music in a variety of audio formats. As the audio signals are transported in digital form, rather than analog, there is much less possibility of signal degradation. Tracks on your iPod/iPhone can be browsed, skipped, and shuffled using the accompanying remote control.
Front Panel USB Port for Flash Drives
Now you can use your flash drive as a music source for the whole room. Using the CS-245’s front-panel USB port, you can access MP3 files from USB flash drives that support the USB Mass Storage Class standard. Once your device is connected, you can use the CS-245’s remote control to play back your music.
Note: USB playback requires iPod/iPhone to be removed from dock.
Efficient Digital Amplifier Circuitry for Clean Audio Signals
The CS-245 employs digital amplifier circuitry to extract a noise-free signal from digital audio sources. Whether it’s on a standard CD or in a compressed MP3 file stored on CD or USB, your music will sound clearer than ever. Because digital amplifiers can convert power with very high levels of efficiency, much less energy is wasted as heat. With no need for a bulky heat sink, the amplifier design can be smaller and lighter. Hence, the CS-245 can provide room-filling power that belies its modest size.
Active Bass Control
At quiet volume levels, human hearing becomes less sensitive to sounds at the upper and lower ends of the audible spectrum. To compensate for the perceived loss of bass sounds at lower volumes, the CS-245 incorporates Onkyo’s proprietary Active Bass Control. This function maintains an optimal balance of low-frequency sounds by making automatic, real-time adjustments in line with the playback volume. Listeners are able to enjoy smooth and natural-sounding bass at any volume level.
Compact Yet Solid 2-Way Speakers
The CS-245 includes a pair of bass-reflex speakers that incorporate a two-way design with a 10 cm woofer and a balanced-dome tweeter. The cabinets feature rounded edges and a front-to-rear taper that helps reduce internal standing waves and preserves the essence of your music. Compact in size yet surprisingly robust, these speakers are ideally suited to small and mid-sized rooms.