High End Build
It is equipped with Google Cast, AirPlay, Spotify, Wi-Fi, and HDD-ready USB input. Based on a twin-monaural L/R channel layout with separate power supply paths, it features discrete custom capacitors for each channel, and dual-differential 768 kHz/32-bit AK4490 DACs to decode the positive and negative halves of the signal waveform. This high-end circuit architecture stabilizes voltage, drops the noise floor, and preserves wide bandwidth dynamics with outstanding precision.
Developed by Onkyo’s R&D team after years of exploratory research into Hi-Res Audio, a new wideband DIDRC Filter replaces the standard DAC output filter, eliminating ultra-high-frequency distortion inevitably generated as a result of the digital-to-analog conversion process. Despite existing outside the range of human hearing, this ultra-high-frequency noise masks the audible harmonic range of the original recording. DIDRC Filter ensures the true character of music—the atmosphere in the room, the textures, resonances, and colors of each individual instrument—are faithfully preserved from Hi-Res Audio Master to analog signal.
Onkyo NS-6170 makes high-quality music easier to enjoy by incorporating HDD audio via rear USB input. A new control app simplifies selection within a user-friendly interface that displays album art and song information, together with on-demand music from TIDAL, TuneIn, and Deezer.
Users can stream directly from the Spotify app or cast audio from any smartphone or PC application that supports Google Cast or AirPlay. Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi ensures stability in congested network environments, while full-flat chassis, aluminum front panel, and anti-vibration insulators prevent mechanical resonances from affecting audio quality.
High Res Audio
The NS-6170 is among the first network audio players to realize the true potential of Hi-Res Audio, and to apply unique technology to better exploit it on the user’s existing Hi-Fi system. It assures the vibrant authenticity associated with pure analog such as vinyl from easy digital formats by preserving the dynamics and unmasking the harmonics of the original recording. The NS-6170 is great combination of sublime fidelity and stress-free convenience.
- High DIRAC filter removes ultra-high-frequency distortions of hi-res audio for ultimate clarity
- Dual differential AKM 768 kHz / 32-bit (AK4490) D / A converter
- separate power supply for right and left channel
- DAB + and FM / RDS tuner with memory for 40 stations
- Supports 11.2 MHz DSD and 192/24 Hi-Res Audio
- 2 x USB (Type-A) inputs (front and rear)
- gold analog L / R audio outputs
- plated 192 kHz / 24-bit Coax and Optical Digital Audio Output
- Ethernet Port ( LAN )
- Frequency response: 4 Hz - 70 kHz (192 kHz / 24-bit)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 115 dB (192 kHz / 24-bit, 22 kHz LPF, A-Weight, 1 kHz)
- Dynamic range: 114 dB
- Distortion: 0.002% (192 kHz / 24-bit, 22 kHz LPF, 1kHz)
- Audio Output / Impedance:
- Optical: 0.5 Vp-p / 75 Ω
- Coaxial: 0.5 Vp-p / 75 Ω
- Analog: 2 V (rms) / 470 Ω
- D / A converter: Dual differential AK4490 768 kHz / 32-bit
- Power Supply: AC 220-240 V, 50 Hz
- Power requirements: 37 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 100 x 317 mm
- Weight: 4.5 kg
- power cable
- instruction manual
- 2 x AAA (R03) Battery