The all-new Klark Teknik DN370 is the latest evolutionary step in a process of design refinement that goes back over 30 years. With DN370 we’ve started from the ground up and produced a unit that is totally without compromise, and one that we believe is the finest professional graphic equaliser in the world today. It also perfectly complements the existing Klark Teknik range of equalisers, both analogue and digital.
Our aim is simply to provide discerning professional users with the best possible solutions for system control. Our market research shows that the graphic equaliser is still the most commonly-used EQ device in fixed and mobile live sound applications, as well as many installations, mainly because the physical user interface provides instant access and controllability in even the most demanding environments. To this end we have completely re-evaluated the role of the graphic EQ, focusing exclusively on providing a new feature set that better reflects the needs of modern users.
Like all Klark Teknik units, DN370 is engineered for a lifetime of hard use and carries our 3-year international factory warranty.
- Long-throw 45mm oil-damped faders with dust cover for increased accuracy and resolution
- All-new proportional-Q filters provide optimum control without undesirable audio artifacts
- Gain control with +6dB/-infinity range and centre detent at unity gain. Allows effective muting of channel in emergencies
- Range switch selects ±6dB or ±12dB operation for the faders, with LED indication
- Channel bypass switch with LED indication. The unit also provides automatic relay bypass in the event of power failure
- Sweepable high-pass filter with 20Hz to 500Hz range sets the lower frequency limit of the system. The control incorporates a push switch to select the filter in and out, with an illuminated ring for "at a glance" status indication. Invaluable for smooth rejection of unwanted subsonic and low frequencies, particularly relevant with modern, compact wedge monitors
- Sweepable low-pass filter with 2kHz to 20kHz range sets the upper frequency limit of the system. The control incorporates a push switch to select the filter in and out, with an illuminated ring for "at a glance" status indication. Provides optimum bandwidth control for vocal monitors and IEM systems
- Two sweepable notch filters per channel, with overlapping frequency ranges of 20Hz to 2kHz and 200Hz to 20kHz. These allow precise removal of problem frequencies with minimal effect on the rest of the program material, and fast control of "between fader" frequencies. This gives precise control of room and loudspeaker resonance/feedback nodes with minimum loss of energy even between ISO centres. The controls each incorporate a push switch to select the filter in and out, with an illuminated ring for "at a glance" status indication.
- Bypass switch with status LEDs for quick comparison of applied EQ
- Power switch, fully recessed in the "on" position to avoid accidental operation
- Signal present LEDs show the presence of audio signals above -40dBu
- Multi point clip monitoring. Clip warning LEDs illuminate when the level exceeds +20dBu (2dB below the onset of clipping) to assist in optimum system gain setting
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs (transformer balancing is available as an option). Connections are provided on both XLRs (pin 2 hot) and Phoenix-type strip connectors for fixed installation
- IEC mains inlet. The unit automatically adjusts for operation on all voltages from 100 to 240V AC
- KT logo for quality engineering and reliability 3-year KT warranty for peace of mind
The equaliser shall provide ±12dB of boost and cut at 30 1/3 octave ISO centre frequencies from 25Hz-20kHz, selectable to ±6dB for increased fader resolution.
The equaliser shall meet or exceed the following performance specifications:
Frequency Response ± 0.5dB (20Hz-20kHz)
Distortion (THD+N) <0.003% @1kHz, +4dBu
Dynamic Range >114 dB (20Hz-20kHz unweighted, ±12 dB range)
The equaliser shall allow have one adjustable second-order low pass filter and one adjustable second-order high pass filter per channel, and two adjustable overlapping notch filters per channel.
The unit shall have an equalisation section by-pass and shall be fail-safe, that is the unit shall return automatically to the by-pass condition in the event of power supply interruption.
Each equaliser shall use centre-detented slide potentiometers arranged to give a graphical display of frequency plotted against level. The slide potentiometers shall have protective covers to inhibit the ingress of dirt and dust.
All audio connections shall be electronically balanced and use XLR and Phoenix style connectors. Input and output transformers shall be available as an option.
The unit shall be capable of operating from a 100-240V ± 10% 50/60Hz a.c. power source.
The equaliser shall be the Klark Teknik Dual Channel model DN370, and no alternative specification option is available.
Type Electronically balanced (pin 2 hot)
Impedance (Ω) 20k
Maximum input level +22dBu
Type Electronically balanced (pin 2 hot)
Minimum load impedance 600 Ω
Source impedance Maximum output level +22dBu into >2kΩ
Frequency response relative to signal at 1kHz ±0.5 dBu 20Hz-20kHz
EQ out ±0.5 dBu
EQ in (flat) ±0.5 dBu
Distortion (THD+N) < 0.003% @ 1kHz +4 dBu
Dynamic range >114dB (20Hz-20kHz unweighted, ±12dB range)
Overload indicator +20 dBu
Gain - ∞ to +6dBu
Equalisation 30 Bands
Centre Frequencies To BS EN ISO 266:1997 25Hz-20kHz, 1/3 octave tolerance ±5%
Maximum Boost/Cut ±12dB, ±6dB
High Pass Filter Slope 12 dB/octave
Low Pass Filter Slope 12 dB/octave
Notch filter attenuation >17dB
Audio 3-pin XLR and 6-pin Phoenix
Power 3-pin IEC
Voltage 100V-240V a.c.
Height 133mm (5.25 inch) (3U High)
Width 482mm (19 inch)
Depth 205mm (8 inch)
Input and output balancing transformers
Trade Descriptions Act: Due to the company policy of continuing improvement, we secure the right to alter these specifications without prior notice.
High resolution jpegs and Adobe Illustrator® line drawing (.zip compressed)
DN370 Operator Manual (.zip compressed)