WH20 Dynamic Headset Microphones
The Shure WH20 is a rugged, lightweight, dynamic headset microphone that provides high-quality voice pickup. It fits securely for active microphone users, such as aerobics instructors and musicians, with low visibility for stage appearances. Suitable for any voice communications application where comfort and reliability are required.
The WH20 has a cardioid (unidirectional) pickup pattern. This provides greater gain-before-feedback and isolation from ambient noise and other unwanted sound sources, such as air-conditioning, musical instruments and loudspeakers. A carefully shaped frequency response includes a voice-frequency presence peak and a low-frequency rolloff to compensate for the proximity effect inherent in cardioid microphones during close-talk operation.
An integrated elastic headband secures the headset comfortably. The headband, wireframe, and gooseneck are adjustable to accommodate any head size or shape. WH20 is supplied with foam windscreen and clothing clip.
- WH20QTR has a right-angle 1/4 inch phone plug for use with Shure Headset Wireless Microphone Systems, or any unbalanced microphone input.
- WH20TQG has a miniature four-pin female 4-pin mini connector for direct connection to Shure wireless body pack transmitters.
- WH20XLR has a three-pin male XLR connector with a convenient detachable belt clip.
- Lightweight wireframe and headband adjust for a secure, comfortable fit
- Extra-strong, small-diameter attached microphone cable resists breakage
- Collapsible microphone boom for easy storage and transportation
- Smooth, natural frequency response comparable to high-quality dynamic hand-held vocal microphones
- High input clipping level eliminates overload distortion
- Reliable at temperature and humidity extremes
- Supplied foam windscreen and clothing clip
TypeDynamic, Close-Talking Frequency Response (at 8 mm)50 to 15,000 Hz
Polar PatternCardioid (unidirectional) response -- uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis ImpedanceMicrophone rating impedance is 150 ohms (200 ohms actual) Output Level (close talked (at 12.5 mm (1/2 inch)) at 1,000 Hz)Open Circuit Voltage: -67.0 db/Pa (0.45 mV)(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL) Hum Sensitivity38.4 dB equivalent SPL in a 1 millioersted field Polarity
- WH20QTR as a wired microphone:
- Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on tip with respect to sleeve (ground) of microphone output phone plug connector.
- WH20QTR, WH20TQG used with Shure Wireless Systems:
- 1/4-inch Phone Jack Receiver Outputs: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on tip of receiver output connector.
- 3-pin XLR Receiver Outputs: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3 of low-impedance output connector, and on tip of Aux output connector.
- WH20XLR as a wired microphone:
- Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3 of microphone output XLR connector.
Environmental ConditionsOperating Temperatures: -18 to 60 degrees C (0 to 140 degrees F)Storage Temperatures: -29 to 74 degreesC (-20 to 165 degrees F)Humidity: 0 to 95% CableAttached 1.22 m (4 ft), small-diameter, shielded, PVC-jacketed, two-conductor. Cable ConnectorWH20QTR: Right-angle 1/4-inch phone plugWH20TQG: Female 4 pin mini connector (TA4F)WH20XLR: Three-pin XLR with detachable belt clip ConstructionBlack thermoplastic housing; stainless steel grille; black TEFLON®-coated stainless steel wireframe; flexible plastic-clad monel gooseneck; rubber/nylon elastic headband Net Weight (including connector)WH20: 63 g (2.2 oz)WH20TQG: 63 g (2.2 oz)WH20XLR: 98 g (3.5 oz)