All the tools you need for great sound
Gear that stands the test of time
Record and stream via USB
Like the name says, the ProFX16v2 is a professional mixer, with convenient features and sound that rivals that of some larger format mixers. Mackie designed the Vita preamps with live sound in mind to provide the quality of sound that is lacking in some compact mixers. Each channel features its own individual 3-band EQ with sweepable mid-frequencies and 100Hz low-cut filter for shaping the sound of your inputs. The ReadyFX digital effects engine gives you access to 16 different effects including reverbs and delays - Mackie even added chorus effects for your guitar. A 7-band graphic EQ can be assigned either to your main outputs so you can fine tune the PA or the aux output to easily get rid of feedback in your monitors. If you perform with tracks there are inputs (including USB) for your laptop or MP3 player. You get four channels of single-knob compression, a headphone output with individual level control, and when you add to all that phantom power for your condenser mics and the convenience of a hi-Z input for direct instrument input, you have no reason NOT to own a ProFX16v2.
Ever walk into a venue to set up and been pointed to an old Mackie mixer in the corner, covered in years of smoke, dust, and bar goo? Are you surprised when you plug in, fire it up, and rock your gig? You shouldn't be! Mackie has been making solid, roadworthy gear for decades and the ProFX16v2 is no different. In fact, the gear just keeps getting better. Built like a tank? Indeed! With solid steel chassis construction and super-tough ABS side protection you'll be playing through your ProFX16v2 for years to come.
With all the right tools for the job, the ProFX16v2 allows you to create memorable mixes, but even with all those features, portability is paramount and you can't be burdened with lugging around additional equipment. No worries, integrated USB I/O takes the pain out of recording. Just connect the ProFX16v2 to a laptop, start up your included copy of Tracktion music production software (or almost any DAW software) and you can record the whole mix. You can even stream music from your laptop during breaks.
The innovative "USB Thru" switch allows for an impressive live/recording setup when using performance software like Ableton Live or Reason. When gigging, stream the output of your performance software (or iTunes, for that matter) into the ProFX16v2. Combine that signal with anything plugged into the mixer, and send the whole thing back to the computer for recording. Archiving your integrated live performances has never been easier!
- 10 low-noise Mackie Vita mic preamps add life to any input
- ReadyFX effects engine with 16 effects including reverbs, delays, and choruses
- 7-band graphic EQ for tuning mains or monitors
- Aux output for monitor mixes, venue 70-volt systems, and more
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mids and 100Hz low-cut filter on all channels
- hi-Z input lets you directly connect guitar, bass, and other instruments
- 48-volt phantom power on all mic channels
- Headphone output with separate level control for easy monitoring
- Roadworthy design with steel chassis and ABS side protection
- Balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced 1/4-inch main outputs
- FX mute with remote control via footswitch
- Break switch mutes all channels for music playback between sets
- USB for playback music and recording via Mac or PC
- Includes user-friendly Tracktion recording software
- 4 flexible subgroups for professional mix management
- 2 aux outputs for monitor mixes, fill speakers and more
- Individual channel mutes and overload indication
- 4 channels of single-knob compression for smooth, even dynamic control
Get the channel count you need and the sound quality you want with Mackie's ProFX16v2 mixer!
|Inputs - Mic Preamps||10 x XLR|
|Inputs - Line||16 x TRS|
|Inputs - Other||1 x stereo RCA, 1 x 1/4" (Footswitch)|
|Outputs - Main||2 x XLR, 2 x TRS|
|Outputs - Other||1 x stereo RCA|
|Headphones||1 x 1/4"|
|Send/Return I/O||2 x 1/4" (Mon Send), 1 x 1/4" (FX Send), 2 x 1/4" (Stereo Return)|
|Phantom Power||10 Channels|
|Busses/Groups||4 x Bus|
|Faders||17 x 60mm Throw|
|Computer Connectivity||1 x USB|
|Manufacturer Part Number||ProFX16v2|