DTSx and Dolby Atmos® formats are decoded and sent to your power-amp and floorstanding/in-ceiling speaker layout with utmost fidelity through RCA or XLR pre-outs, unlocking a truly immersive cinema experience. Premium DACs and VLSC assures stunning purity for Hi-Res Audio, such as 11.2 MHz DSD, while separate digital/analog circuitry prevents interference on analog sources. Together with comprehensive wired and wireless multi-room A/V capabilities, app-based streaming via Google Cast, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay, and the latest HDMI connections, this beautifully crafted centerpiece boasts every convenience to smooth the transition to next-generation entertainment.
THX Ultra2 Plus Certification
Native DTSx and Dolby Atmos to 7.2.4 Channels
DTSx Neural™ Upmixing for Legacy Multichannel Formats
Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth App Streaming
AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
FireConnect Multi-Room Wireless Technology
HDMI 8 In (1 Front), Main Out, Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2/HDR*1)
THX® Ultra2 Plus-Certified for Reference Sound
Combined with a THX-certified amplifier, the PR-RZ5100 controller’s THX Ultra2 Plus certification assures distortion free Cinema Reference Volume in large home cinemas. Certified products are subjected to the industry’s toughest bench-tests to satisfy THX requirements for audio performance.
Why Upgrade to an RZ Series Product?
Onkyo strives to create products that bring joy to the listener. The RZ Series is the culmination of 70 years of experience in high-end audio: future-focused, but with the analog tradition at heart. Every design element, every hand-selected part contributes to flagship performance: full-spectrum reproduction, transparent resolution, lightning dynamics, a sense of rhythm and soul... performance that overwhelms and fills you with emotion.
Noiseless Signal Processing with VLSC
No matter how good the DAC, pulse noise is an inevitable consequence of digital-to-analog conversion. VLSC (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) compares vectors from the input/output signal and uses that information to erase digital noise. A pure, noise-free analog signal is fed to your amps, resulting in improved detail resolution and clarity.
Get the Complete DTSx and Dolby Atmos Experience
With 11.2 pre-amp channels, you can let your speakers deliver a complete multidimensional movie experience in your home cinema through a 7.2.4 layout. Dolby Atmos® and DTS™ unlock sound from conventional channels and free audio to move above and around the audience for a thoroughly captivating and immersive movie experience.
Cohesive Multidimensional Sound
AccuReflex-part of the AccuEQ room calibration suite-phase-matches height and floor-standing speakers for transparent and seamless reproduction of object-based sound. AccuEQ optimizes the entire system to suit your space without affecting front-speaker characteristics for pure stereo listening.
Upmixes Standard Surround Formats
DTSx Neural™ retrieves spacial cues from standard multichannel formats and upmixes for a 3D soundtrack that’s virtually identical to a native DTS source, giving your existing Blu-ray library a new lease on life.
Google Cast™, AirPlay®, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth®
Most smartphone and PC music apps let you mirror what’s playing to your PR-RZ5100 within moments using Google Cast. The receiver also features AirPlay, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi® for universal wireless audio support, including DSD up to 11.2 MHz.
Spotify, Pandora®, Deezer, TIDAL, and TuneIn
Enjoy the music you want any time on your home cinema via these popular smartphone and PC applications or via Onkyo remote app.
Housewide Playback of Any Source
Put extra speakers you have to good use-plug them in to an external power amp connected to the controller using its Zone 2 and Zone 3 pre-/line-outs. Dedicated DACs and smartphone control app lets you manage digital and analog content via the controller in any zone.
Latest Dual-Zone HDMI®
Select HDMI terminals support HDR, 4:4:4 color-space, and HDCP 2.2 for next-generation UltraHD Blu-ray, streaming 4K video, and 4K/60 Hz PC-based gaming. Zone 2 output transmits 4K home cinema sources to a second TV.
FireConnect Wireless Multi-room Solution
Cast anything playing through your receiver-including vinyl and streaming audio-to compatible speakers* around your home using FireConnect technology. Manage multi-zone playback with our free smartphone app. * Please consult onkyo's website for details on Onkyo wireless speakers. Onkyo cannot guarantee operability with all FireConnect-compatible products. FireConnect by Blackfire Research Corp. is a stable wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver-from vinyl to streaming audio. Note: Audio sources supported by FireConnect™ are model-dependent.
• THX® Ultra2™ Plus Cinema-Reference Audio Performance
• 7.2.4-channel DTSx™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Audio Decoding
• DTSx Neural™ Upmixes Standard 5.1 and 7.1 formats to 3D Sound
• HDMI Supports 4K/60 Hz, High Dynamic Range, 4:4:4 Color Space, and HDCP 2.2-protected Video*1
• Customized and Shielded Low-Hum Transformer and Separate Transformer for Standby
• VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) Noise-free Signal Processing for All Channels
• Google Cast*2, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth*3, TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL*2, and Deezer*2 for App-based Audio Streaming*4
• Network/USB Audio (DSD 11.2 MHz [Stereo], 192/24 PCM, Dolby® TrueHD, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AAC, MP3, WMA)
• Whole House Mode Function
• AccuEQ Calibration with AccuReflex for Seamless Object-based, Multichannel, and Stereo Sound (Setup Mic Included)
• FireConnect™*2 Wireless Multi-room Digital/Analog Audio Distribution to Compatible Speakers (Sold Separately)
• 11.2 Multichannel and XLR Pre-Outs for Amplifier Connection
• PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuitry for S/PDIF Audio
• Remote App for iPhone/iPod touch*5 and Android™ Devices*6
*1 6G Video/HDCP 2.2 supported on HDMI inputs 1–5, Main Out, and Zone 2 Out. *2 Services enabled via firmware update. Details TBA. *3 Bluetooth specification Version 4.1 (compatible profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3) also supporting Advanced Music Optimizer. *4 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a paid subscription and firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice. *5 Compatible with iPod touch (5th generation or later) and iPhone 4GS or later. *6 Requires Android 4.0.3 or later.
• HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Surround, DTS™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express, DTS Neural™, THX® Cinema/Music/Game, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
• Dolby Atmos®, DTS™, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
• Separate 384 kHz/32-bit AK4490 Stereo DAC (Front L/R), 2 x 768 kHz/32-bit AK4458 Multichannel DACs (Surround Channels)
• Discrete 192 kHz/24-bit AK4388 Stereo DACs (x2) for Zone 2 and Zone 3
• Multiple 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
• 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
• Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
• Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
• 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/7 Rear), Main, and Zone 2 Outputs
• Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output) and 2 Composite Video Inputs
• 5 Digital Audio Inputs (3 Optical and 2 Coaxial) and 7 Analog Audio Inputs
• Phono Input (MM) for Turntable Connection
• Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability (Rear Input)
• 11.2 Multichannel and XLR Pre-Outs
• Zone 2 and Zone 3 Pre-/Line Outs
• Dual Subwoofer Pre-Outs
• 12 V Trigger Out (Assignable) with IR Input; Supports IP and RS232
• 6.3 mm Headphone Input
• Tone Controls (Bass/Treble) ±10 dB for All Channels
• Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
• A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
• New Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Setup Function
• Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
• 40 FM/AM and 40 Internet Radio Station Presets
• RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
• Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Control Knob
• Simple Remote Control
Input Sensitivity and Impedance 200 mV/82 kΩ (Line) 3.5 mV/47 kΩ (Phono MM)
Rated RCA Output Level and Impedance: 200 mV/1.2 kΩ (Zone Out) 2 V/1.2 kΩ (Zone Pre Out) 1.0 V/330 Ω (Pre Out/Subwoofer Pre Out)
Rated XLR Output Level and Impedance: 2.0 V/220 Ω (Pre Out)
Phono Overload: 70 mV (MM, 1 kHz, 0.5%)
Tone Control: ±10 dB, 100 Hz (Bass) ±10 dB, 10 kHz (Treble)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 110 dB (Line, IHF-A) 80 dB (Phono MM, IHF-A)
Input Sensitivity/Output Level and Impedance Video 1.0 Vp–p/75 Ω (Component Y) 0.7 Vp–p/75 Ω (Component PB/CB, PR/CR) 1.0 Vp–p/75 Ω (Composite)
Tuning Frequency Range FM 87.5 MHz–108 MHz 87.5 MHz–107.9 MHz (Taiwan Model) AM 530 kHz–1,710 kHz 522 kHz–1,611 kHz 522 kHz–1,611 kHz (Taiwan Model) FM/AM Preset Memory 40 Stations
Power Supply AC 220–230 V~, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption 65 W
Standby Power Consumption 0.15 W
Dimensions (W x H x D) 435 x 201 x 447.5 mm
Weight 13.6 kg
Dimensions (W x H x D) 565 x 325 x 547 mm
Weight 16.5 kg
• Indoor FM antenna • AM loop antenna • Speaker setup microphone • Instruction manual • Remote controller • AA (R6) batteries x 2*