Compact Pad Controller
- MIDI controller for production and performance
- MPC pads: bank of 16, velocity and pressure sensitive
- Three pad banks for a total of 48 sounds accessible from pads
- Q-Link assignable fader control
- MPC Note Repeat
- MIDI-over-USB interface
- MPC Full Level
- 16 configurable presets
- USB powered, requires no AC adapter
- MPD18 portable performance controller
- USB cable
- Software CD
Dimensions (in inches): 10.07(D) x 8.1 (W) x 1.65(H)
Weight: 2.8 lbs.
Dimensions (in inches): 11.9(D) x 10.1 (W) x 3.1(H)
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Port
Add real MPC pads to your setup.
The MPD18 is the easiest way to add genuine MPC pads to your setup. This MIDI-over-USB pad controller for DJs, programmers, producers, and other musicians is built around the pads and controls from Akai Professional's industry-standard MPC series. The MPD18 is an expressive and intuitive instrument for the studio and stage. The MPD18 is built around the pads of the industry-standard MPC and contains some of the same technology that gives tracks made with the MPC an unmistakably human feel. The MPD18 is an expressive and intuitive controller for the studio and stage, and its compact footprint is easy to fit into any setup. When combined with virtually any MIDI software, the MPD18 delivers everything needed to create tracks that feel great.
The heart of the MPD18 is its bank of 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive MPC pads, an Akai Pro exclusive. You can access three different banks of sounds from the MPC pads for a total of 48 sounds at your fingertips. The MPD18 also borrows the MPC series' assignable Q-Link controllers, enabling you to control nearly any parameters in your software in real time. You get an assignable Q-Link fader for natural, hands-on control of your most-used parameters, and MPC Note Repeat enables you to quickly input patterns such as hi-hat parts or drum rolls. The MPD18 also has 16 configurable presets so you can program it for the way you work with different hardware and software.
The MPD18 sends MIDI information over its plug-and-play USB interface so you can use it with your Mac or PC without installing any drivers. The USB connection even powers the MPD18 so the included USB cable is all you need for portable production. The MPD18 can control nearly any MIDI software, as well as MIDI hardware, such as synths, sound modules, samplers, sequencers, drum machines, and more.
The MPD18 gives you the control feel of the MPC in a super-portable instrument with a compact footprint that's easy to fit in any setup.